Float entries are accepted on a first come, first serve basis. Return completed applications via email to email@example.com or mail it to: The Lighter Side of Christmas Parade, 1067 E. US Highway 24 #191, Woodland Park, CO 80863. The entry fee must be paid to reserve your spot in the parade. Entry fee must be paid to reserve your spot in the parade. Entry monies cover the costs of trophies, banners, advertising, etc. There are a limited number of openings for floats, so please get your entry and fee turned in early.
FLOAT & PARADE GUIDELINES
- All floats should have lights. This is not mandatory, but sure makes it easier to see your entry!
- Floats should travel slowly; however, do not stop during the parade unless directed to do so.
- Only leave two car lengths between entries. THIS IS IMPERATIVE TO GETTING THE PARADE COMPLETED IN TIME!!
- As children of all ages know, there is ONLY ONE SANTA and he will have his own float and will be at the end of the parade. Santa has requested that there be no other Santas. Your entry will be disqualified from voting if you have a Santa on your float and you may be restricted from participating in future parades.
- Wrapped candy may only be handed out by adult walkers and cannot be thrown from floats. We want everyone watching the parade to be safe! In addition, thrown candy freezes to the ground and is difficult to clean up in the short time before the highway opens. If you throw candy, we’ll assign clean-up for your group next year.
- ALL participants with your float, whether walking or riding, must sign waivers. Feel free to make additional waiver forms. Submit your waiver(s) at the check-in tent prior to the start of the parade.
- Pay attention to people directing the beginning of the parade (John Bennitt) and any others along the parade route. Follow their direction to slow down or move along faster.
- Keep and share this information with all of the people participating with your float.
- Float Line Up Time: 4:30 – 5:30 p.m. Check-in is located at the check-In tent near the movie theatre behind Gold Hill North. Look for the lighted pop-up tent and banner.
- Drop/Off and Parking: Please use the DDA/Centennial Trail parking lot to drop off parade participants and for parking. Enter and exit from North Walnut Street. While participants can be dropped off in the Gold Hill North parking lot, please respect these businesses and do not park there.
AWARDS & FEES
- Trophies will be awarded for: Best Use of Lights; Best Use of Theme; Grand Marshal Award, Spirit Award, Judges Choice, and Most Unique!
Suggested variations of the theme: Cultural, Musical, Fun, Humorous, Traditional, or Historical. Judges will be at the first announcement stand near Pine and Hwy 24.
- Entry fees ($25 for businesses, $10 for non-profit organizations/individuals) go towards advertising, trophies, and other parade expenses. The beneficiary receives any extra funds.